词根aqua, 水。词根mar, 海，见mermaid, 美人鱼(海少女）。
- aquamarine:  Aquamarine means literally ‘sea water’ – from Latin aqua marīna. Its first application in English was to the precious stone, a variety of beryl, so named because of its bluish-green colour. The art critic John Ruskin seems to have been the first to use it with reference to the colour itself, in Modern Painters 1846. (The French version of the word, aiguemarine, was actually used in English somewhat earlier, in the mid 18th century, but it did not long survive the introduction of the Latin version.) Latin aqua ‘water’ has of course contributed a number of other words to English, notably aquatic  (from Latin aquāticus), aqualung (coined around 1950), aquarelle  (via Italian acquerella ‘water colour’), aquatint  (literally ‘dyed water’), aqueduct  (from Latin aquaeductus), and aqueous  (a medieval Latin formation); it is related to Old English ēa ‘water’ and īg ‘island’, and is of course the source of French eau, Italian acqua, and Spanish agua.
- aquamarine (n.)
- 1590s, agmarine, "bluish-green type of beryl," from French or Provençal, from Latin aqua marina "sea water," from aqua "water" (see aqua-) + marina, fem. of marinus "of the sea" (see marine (adj.)). Apparently first used as a description of a bluish-green color by John Ruskin, 1846. Abbreviation aqua is attested from 1936.
- 1. Aquamarine: Remind one of the Ocean of Love and Mercy.
- 绿玉: 唤醒大海般的爱和仁慈之一.
- 2. Beads made of aquamarine can bring luck in love.
- 3. The smaller room at the rear, is two - tone aquamarine.
- 4. Rough Gemstones. Aquamarine, Chrysoberyl, Eye Chrysoberyl , Emeralds , Citrine , Quartz Precious and Semi Precious Stones.
- 采购产品粗糙的宝石. 海蓝宝石, 金绿宝石, 猫眼石金绿宝石, 祖母绿.
- 5. He used rock crystal , topaz, citrine and aquamarine and various materials for the base and embellishments.
- 他也大量使用水井,黄玉,黄水晶和绿玉装饰表面, 同时用各种不同的金属制造表身和其他装饰部分.
[ aquamarine 造句 ]