英 美 [ə'proprɪ,etlɪ]
1. ap- "to" + propri- "one's own, particular to itself" + -ate.
2. => take as one's own, make as one's own, take possession of.
3. => adapted to some particular purpose, specially suitable, proper.
4. appropriate + -ly.
- 1. And Julie married Alec, dressed appropriately in virginal white.
- 2. Dress appropriately and ask intelligent questions.
- 3. It's entitled, appropriately enough, "Art for the Nation".
- 4. Appropriately, the press rode him hard.
- 5. Her singing of " Evening Waltz " was easy and lively, well - balanced and appropriately controlled in volume.
- 她唱的 “ 晚会圆舞曲 ” 轻松愉快, 层次分明,音量的控制也恰到好处.
来自英汉非文学 - 百科语料821
[ appropriately 造句 ]