前缀ap-同ad-. -prise, 来自 prehend的过去分词缩写。使知晓，告知。
- apprise (v.)
- "to notify," 1690s, from French appris, past participle of apprendre "to inform, teach," literally "to lay hold of (in the mind)," another metaphoric meaning of Latin apprehendere (see apprehend). Related: Apprised; apprising.
- 1. He came to apprise us that the work had been successfully completed.
- 2. We must apprise them of the dangers that may be involved.
- 3. She came in to apprise me that my presence was required.
- 4. She came in to apprise, apprize me that my presence was required.
- 5. I shall not fail to apprise you of my arrival.
[ apprise 造句 ]