CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
2. make an appointment 约会.
- appointment (n.)
- early 15c., "an agreement," also "a fixing of a date for official business," from Middle French apointement, from apointer (see appoint). Meaning "act of placing in office" is attested from 1650s.
- 1. I hate to rush you but I have another appointment later on.
- 2. Drake and his cohorts were not pleased with my appointment.
- 3. At the time, his appointment seemed a stroke of genius.
- 4. His appointment to the Cabinet would please the right-wing.
- 5. A background check is normally a preliminary to a presidential appointment.
[ appointment 造句 ]