- adj. 应用的；实用的
- v. 应用；实施（apply的过去分词）；敷上
- applied (adj.)
- "put to practical use," (as opposed to abstract or theoretical), 1650s, from past participle of apply. Earlier it was used in a sense of "folded" (c. 1500).
- 1. They had entered the country and had applied for permanent residence.
- 2. The law could arrest the development of good research if applied prematurely.
- 3. He applied for asylum in 1987 after fleeing the police back home.
- 4. Marketing is applied to everything these days, and books are no exception.
- 5. Industry leaders want scientists to engage in fundamental research, not applied research.
[ applied 造句 ]