- vt. 附加；贴上；盖章
- n. 设置数据文件的搜索路径
前缀ap-同ad-. 词根pend, 悬挂，见pendulum, 钟摆。
- append (v.)
- late 14c., "to belong to as a possession or right," from Old French apendre (13c.) belong, be dependent (on); attach (oneself) to; hang, hang up," and directly from Latin appendere "to cause to hang (from something), weigh," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + pendere "hang" (see pendant).
Meaning "to hang on, attach as a pendant" is 1640s; that of "attach as an appendix" is recorded by 1843. OED says the original word was obsolete by c. 1500, and these later transitive senses represent a reborrowing from Latin or French. Related: Appended; appending.
- 1. Note: Use APPEND to avoid deleting the existing content of the file.
- 注意: 使用APPEND避免删除文件的现存内容.
- 2. Organisers may amend or append the terms and conditions without prior notification.
- 3. Append content to the inside of every matched element.
- 4. Failed to append to the table -- Out of memory.
- 无法向表格中新增记录 —— 内存不足.
- 5. Smiley, as requested to do, and I hereunto append the result.
- 这件受人之托的事究竟结果如何, 我来做个交代.
[ append 造句 ]