1、ap- "to" + -pel "drive" => appel- => appeal (-e- => -ea-).
2、含义：make or let sb drive to sth. 也就是：使、让或者将某人赶到、吸引到、驱使到某事物上。
4、ap- "to" + pell- "drive" => appell- + -ation => appellation.
5、appeal "call" => appellation.
6、含义：the name of sth that to call.
- appellation (n.)
- late 15c., "action of appealing" (to a higher authority), from Old French apelacion (13c.), from Latin appellationem (nominative appellatio) "an addressing, accosting; an appeal; a name, title," noun of action from past participle stem of appellare (see appeal). Meaning "designation, name given to a person, thing, or class" is from mid-15c., from a sense also found in Middle French appeler.
- 1. He earned the appellation "rebel priest."
- 2. Chinese language appellation system takes the relatives appellation terms as the base.
- 3. This appellation pleased him.
- 4. The emperor of Russia Peter I was given the appellation " the Great ".
- 俄皇彼得一世被加上了 “ 大帝 ” 的称号.
- 5. The appellation stuck , and the age of the sequential hierarchical menu began.
- 其名称也从中而来, 于是顺序层次关系菜单时代开始了.
来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
[ appellation 造句 ]