前缀anti-, 相对，相反。词根thes, 放置，同metathesis, 调换，词源同单词do, 放置，做。
- antithesis (n.)
- 1520s, from Late Latin antithesis, from Greek antithesis "opposition, resistance," literally "a placing against," also a term in logic and rhetoric, noun of action from antitithenai "to set against, oppose," a term in logic, from anti- "against" (see anti-) + tithenai "to put, place" (see theme).
- 1. Love is the antithesis of selfishness.
- 2. The company represented the antithesis of everything he admired.
- 3. Smallness is the antithesis of largeness.
- 4. This insecurity is infuriating and the antithesis of considerate human behavior.
来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- 5. His creation was an antithesis to academic dogmatism of the time.
[ antithesis 造句 ]