CET6+ TEM4 GRE TOEFL
1. anti- "before" + *okw- "appearance" + -ity.
2. anti- 词根的本义是 before 这里引申为 before times, former times, ancient times. 也就是以前的时光、古代。
3. *okw- 本义是 see 这里引申为 appearance，即样子、外观、外貌、面貌。*okw- 的同源词：ocular, ogle, optic, myopia.
5. => aged, venerable.
- antiquity (n.)
- late 14c., "olden times," from Old French antiquitet (11c.; Modern French antiquité) "olden times; great age; old age," from Latin antiquitatem (nominative antiquitas) "ancient times, antiquity, venerableness," noun of quality from antiquus (see antique (adj.)). Specific reference to ancient Greece and Rome is from mid-15c.; meaning "quality of being old" is from about the same time. Antiquities "relics of ancient days" is from 1510s.
- 1. The town was famous in antiquity for its white bulls.
- 2. It indicates the antiquity of the tradition.
- 3. The statue was brought to Rome in antiquity .
- 4. The origins of this ancient structure are lost in antiquity.
- 5. Marihuana has been used for medicinal purposes since antiquity.
[ antiquity 造句 ]