- adj. 又一，另一；另外的；不同的
- pron. 另一个；又一个
- prep. 另一个；另一个人
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- another (adj.)
- early 13c., merger of an other. Old English used simply oþer. Originally "a second of two." Compound reciprocal pronoun one another is recorded from 1520s.
- 1. She reached into the wardrobe and extracted another tracksuit.
- 2. The two policemen were joined by another policeman also carrying a pistol.
- 3. I hate to rush you but I have another appointment later on.
- 4. The demand generated by one factory required the construction of another.
- 5. They would like to hand over their financial affairs to another body.
[ another 造句 ]