"ring-shaped," 1570s, from French annulaire (16c.) or directly from Latin annularis "pertaining to a ring," from annulus, diminutive of anus "ring" (see anus). An annular eclipse (1727) is one in which the dark body of the moon is smaller than the disk of the sun, so that at the height of it the sun appears as a ring of light. Related: Annularity.
1. The papilla shows initially sickle - shaped and later annular atrophy.
2. The annular space is evacuated and contains multiplayer insulation.
3. Of course, tomorrow's annular solar eclipse is mostly for penguins.
4. In the first infant, there was a circumferential annular pancreas.
5. It was reported that there would be an annular eclipse tomorrow.