1620s, from Medieval Latin annexiationem (nominative annexatio) "action of annexing," noun of action from past participle stem of annexare (see annex). The Middle English noun form was annexion "union; joining; territory acquired" (mid-15c.).
1. He mentioned the Japanese annexation of Korea in 1910 .
2. The annexation of the Republic of Texas by the United States took place in 1845.
3. I regard the question of annexation as belonging exclusively to the United States and Texas.
4. It had been his great - grandfather Micach who had engineered the annexation of Hawail.
夏威夷的归并是他的 曾祖父 麦卡茨一手操纵的.
5. A protectorate has frequently been a first step to annexation.