1. ann- + -al + -s (复数后缀，因此该单词使用的是复数形式).
- annals: see annual
- annals (n.)
- 1560s, from Latin annales libri "chronicles," literally "yearlies, yearly books," noun use of plural of annalis "pertaining to a year," from annus "year" (see annual (adj.)).
- 1. It was published in the "Annals of Internal Medicine".
- 2. He has become a legend in the annals of military history.
- 3. His deeds went down in the annals of British history.
- 4. This was the greatest event in the annals of European integration.
- 5. We found the information in the annals of the society.
[ annals 造句 ]