1、anim- "mind" + ad- "to" + vert-.
2、字面含义：turn the mind to sth. => especially turn the mind to the fault.
- animadvert (v.)
- early 15c., "to take notice of," from Latin animadvertere "to notice, to take cognizance of," also "to censure, blame, punish," literally "to turn the mind to" (see animadversion). Sense of "to criticize, blame, censure" in English is from 1660s. Related: Animadverted; animadverting.
- 1. Try to avoid the too frequent use of such Latin words as juxtaposition, animadvert, salutation, recapitulate.
- 尽量不要经常使用这些拉丁词语,比如juxtaposition, animadvert, salutation, recapitulate.
- 2. There is hardly a subject that you can mention that will not make him animadvert upon some aspect of human nature.
- 3. Historical science's thinking is practice - animadvert's thinking and metaphysics is abstract thinking.
- 4. Doubt and animadvert are inner motive force of innovation of science and culture.
- 5. Especially in the period of Institutional Revolution fell under complete negation, and Jiluan Zhang suffered animadvert.
- 尤其在文革时期,《大公报》遭到全盘否定, 张季鸾也横遭批判.
[ animadvert 造句 ]