1、anim- "mind" + ad- "to" + vers- + -ion.
2、字面含义：turn the mind to sth. => especially turn the mind to the fault.
- animadversion (n.)
- 1590s, "criticism, blame," also sometimes in early use simply "notice, attention" (now obsolete), from Latin animadversionem (nominative animadversio) "investigation, inquiry; perception, observation," noun of action from past participle stem of animadverte "to take cognizance of," literally "to turn the mind to," from animum, accusative of animus "mind" (see animus), + advertere "to turn to" (see advertise). The sense of "to take notice of as a fault" was in Latin; in fact animadverto at times was a euphemism for "to punish with death."
- 1. Their animadversion caused from the deep pain, disappoint and sorrow to the western civilization.
- 艺术家和诗人的批判性锋芒,流露出对西方文明深深的痛苦 、 无尽的失望和悲哀.
- 2. Utopia is the thorough animadversion and disavowal against political reality latterend of the former.
- 3. In 1940 s, Tendency of affirmation and animadversion to male was deepened in Ding Lings works.
- 在1940年代, 丁玲的作品中对男性表现出肯定与批判的双向深化的倾向.
- 4. In this article, the author focuses on the anti - feudalism consciousness, tragedy consciousness and animadversion consciousness.
- 本文主要论述了意识倾向变化中的 反 封建意识 、 悲剧意识和批判意识.
- 5. The teacher gives public recognition, the animadversion has never appeared her name as well.
- 老师表扬 、 批评也从未出现过她的名字.
[ animadversion 造句 ]