"containing no water," 1819, a modern coinage from Greek an-, privative prefix (see an- (1)), + hydor "water" (see water (n.1)). Greek did have anhydros "waterless," used of arid lands or corpses that had not been given proper funeral rites.
1. Anhydrous nitric acid is dissociated.
2. In some ways, anhydrous ammonia is just as safe to handle as gasoline.
3. The invention relates to a novel method of preparing anhydrous crystalline maltitol.
4. However, anhydrous ammonia is also toxic, corrosive, and flammable.
但是, 含水氨还是有毒 、 腐蚀性和可燃的.
5. The mixture mentioned had a good anhydrous and transparent effect.