alternative (chiefly U.S.) spelling of anaemia (q.v.). See ae. As a genus of plants, Modern Latin, from Greek aneimon "unclad," from privative prefix an- (see an- (1)) + eima "a dress, garment" (see wear (v.)).
1. The doctors analyzed the blood sample for anemia.
2. The doctor analysed the blood sample for anemia.
3. I was put on iron tablets for my anemia.
4. Victims of this disease suffer from a severe and usually fatal anemia.
5. A patient with advanced neoplastic disease often presents with anemia.