来自拉丁词ancilla, 女工，助理。来自前缀ambi-, 两，周围。词根kel, 转，圈，同cycle, 圈。
- ancillary (adj.)
- 1660s, "subservient, subordinate," from Latin ancillaris "relating to maidservants," from ancilla "handmaid," fem. diminutive of anculus "servant," literally "he who bustles about," from root of ambi- "about" (see ambi-) + PIE *kwol-o-, from root *kwel- (1) "move round, turn about, be much about" (see cycle (n.)).
- 1. Scientific development meant the growth of numerous professions ancillary to medicine.
- 2. Ancillary charges are at least $30 per day.
- 3. The transport corps is ancillary to the infantry.
- 4. Does it provide ancillary information , or is it the main attraction itself?
- 它是提供辅助信息的, 还是本身只是一个吸引人的摆设?
来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- 5. The ancillary systems of plasma ignition are also involved in this paper.
[ ancillary 造句 ]