- vi. 总计，合计；相当于；共计；产生…结果
- n. 数量；总额，总数
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
前缀a-同ad-. 词根mount, 山，见mountain. 到山顶，汇总，总计。
- amount: see mountain
- amount (n.)
- 1710, from amount (v.).
- amount (v.)
- late 13c., "to go up, rise, mount (a horse)," from Old French amonter, from a mont "upward," literally "to the mountain," from Latin ad- "to" (see ad-) + montem (nominative mons) "mountain" (see mount (n.)). Meaning "to rise in number or quality (so as to reach)" is from c. 1300. Related: Amounted; amounting.
- 1. They have only a vague idea of the amount of water available.
- 2. The evaluation of conduct involves some amount of generalization.
- 3. They will need a reasonable amount of desk area and good light.
- 4. I try to offend the least amount of people possible.
- 5. Worldwide, an enormous amount of research effort goes into military technology.
[ amount 造句 ]