TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. a- "not" + mnes- + -ia.
2. => loss of memory, forgetfulness.
前缀a-, 无，没有。Zero-grade词根mn, 记忆，同mind.
- amnesia (n.)
- "loss of memory," 1786 (as a Greek word in English from 1670s), Modern Latin, coined from Greek amnesia "forgetfulness," from a-, privative prefix, "not" (see a- (3)) + stem from mnasthai "to recall, remember," related to mnemnon "mindful," mneme "memory;" from PIE root *men- "to think, remember" (see mind (n.)).
- 1. Conveniently, he had developed amnesia about that part of his life.
- 2. "Could he be suffering from amnesia?" I suggested.
- 3. Coercer: Amnesia - Stun effect can now affect Epic targets.
- Coer:Amnesia 所造成的震晕效果将能作用在Epic级目标上.
- 4. It is sad that many people have got amnesia when they come out from disasters.
- 5. Mr Robins, suffering from selective amnesia about his role in the affair, was contradicted in nearly every instance by other witnesses.
[ amnesia 造句 ]