CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、amb- "around" + ire "go" => ambire "go around".
2、ambitus "a going round," past participle of ambire. => ambit-.
3、ambit- => ambiti- + -ous.
4、字面含义："a going around," especially to solicit votes.
- ambitious (adj.)
- late 14c., from Latin ambitiosus "going around to canvass for office," from ambitio (see ambition). Related: Ambitiously.
- 1. Chris is so ambitious, so determined to do it all.
- 2. This is an ambitious and intriguing movie, full of striking imagery.
- 3. The plan may well be over-ambitious, and is clearly open to discussion.
- 4. He was by his own account an ambitious workaholic.
- 5. Diplomats now expect the mission to be much less ambitious.
[ ambitious 造句 ]