CET6 TEM4 IELTS
- ambiguity (n.)
- c. 1400, "uncertainty, doubt, indecision, hesitation," also from Medieval Latin ambiguitatem (nominative ambiguitas) "double meaning, equivocalness, double sense," noun of state from ambiguus (see ambiguous).
- 1. The author's style suggests a certain ambiguity in his moral view.
- 2. Write clear definitions in order to avoid ambiguity.
- 3. To remove any ambiguity we have to acquire more accurate information.
- 4. Incorrect choice of words leads to ambiguity for the reader.
- 5. The wording is likely to lead to ambiguity.
[ ambiguity 造句 ]