CET6+ TEM8 GRE
前缀a- 同ad-. mass, 大块。
- amass (v.)
- late 15c., "to heap up for oneself," from Old French amasser, from à "to" (see ad-) + masser (see mass (n.1)). Related: Amassed; amassing.
- 1. People tend to amass possessions, sometimes without being aware of doing so.
- 人们倾向于积攒东西, 有的并未意识到这样做.
- 2. The capitalists amass great wealth by exploiting workers.
- 3. It would take me two years to amass a hundred dollars.
- 4. Given today's crisis, the incentives to amass reserves have only grown.
- 5. The player to amass the highest number of points wins.
[ amass 造句 ]