- adv. 在空中；在高处；在上面
- prep. 在…之上；在…顶上
- adj. 在空中的；在高处的；在上面的
CET6 GRE TOEFL
来自短语on loft. 单词loft, 阁楼，高空，lift的名词。
- aloft (adv.)
- c. 1200, from a Scandinavian source such as Old Norse a lopti "up above," literally "up in the air," from a "in, on" + lopt "sky, air, atmosphere; loft, upper room" (cognates: Gothic luftus, Old High German luft, Old English lyft "air;" see loft).
- 1. Four of the nine starting balloons were still aloft the next day.
- 2. He was suddenly jerked off his feet and borne aloft.
- 3. The sailor climbed aloft to look for land.
- 4. The monument towers aloft on the square.
- 5. The golfer is pictured on many of the front pages, kissing his trophy as he holds it aloft.
[ aloft 造句 ]