TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
- algae (n.)
- (plural), 1794, from alga (singular), 1550s, from Latin alga "seaweed," which is of uncertain origin, perhaps from a PIE root meaning "to putrefy, rot."
- 1. Most algae live in water.
- 2. Algae grow and spread quickly in the lake.
- 3. The most effective new botanicals are extracts from cola nut and marine algae.
- 4. The green covering on top of the water in the pond is algae.
- 5. It has been applied to attached algae and submerged vascular plants.
[ algae 造句 ]