英 [ə'genst; ə'geɪnst]
- prep. 反对，违反；靠；倚；防备
- adj. 不利的；对立的
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
again的副词所有格。-s, 副词后缀，向。-t被当做最高级后缀-est 寄生于该单词。
- against (adv.)
- early 12c., agenes "in opposition to," a southern variant of agen "again" (see again), with adverbial genitive. The parasitic -t turned up mid-14c. and was standard by early 16c., perhaps from influence of superlatives.
- 1. He spent 25 years campaigning against racist and unjust immigration laws.
- 2. "One thing you can never insure against is corruption among your staff."—"Agreed."
- 3. He slewed the car against the side of the building.
- 4. They were going to sail around the little island, against the tide.
- 5. This is something of a grudge match against a long-term enemy.
[ against 造句 ]