- vi. 注意；谈到
- n. 广告
- n. (Advert)人名；(法)阿德韦尔
1、ad- "to" + vert-.
2、字面含义：turn toward. => turn sb to sth, sth that turned to talk or mention. => give attention to. => 谈到、提及；注意、留意。
3、short form of advertisement.
- advert (n.)
- colloquial shortening of advertisement, attested by 1860.
- advert (v.)
- mid-15c., averten "to turn (something) aside," from Middle French avertir (12c.), from Late Latin advertere (see advertise). The -d- added 16c. on the Latin model. Related: Adverted; adverting.
- 1. This courtroom battle has been a poor advert for English justice.
- 2. The advert should only be shown after the 9pm watershed.
- 3. I saw an advert for a job with a large engineering company.
- 4. People should complain when they consider an advert offensive.
- 5. The advert featured a dolphin swimming around a goldfish bowl.
[ advert 造句 ]