1、ad- "to" + vers- + -arial(复合后缀：-ary, -al).
2、含义：turned toward, fronting, facing, turned against. => hostile, adverse, unfavorable.
3、=> opposite, hostile, contrary.
4、adversary + -al => adversarial.
- adversarial (adj.)
- by 1892, from adversary + -al (1). Probably coined to avoid confusion which might arise with use of adversary (adj.), which is attested from late 14c. Related: Adversarially.
- 1. In our country there is an adversarial relationship between government and business.
- 2. the adversarial nature of the two-party system
- 3. Sir Peter would also like to see the current adversarial system of advocacy examined by the royal commission.
- 4. The adversarial guys had a hell of time.
- 5. Kill 500 enemies in multiplayer adversarial with at least 6 players present.
[ adversarial 造句 ]