1、ad- "to" + umbr- + -ate.
2、含义：represent (a thing) in outline, shadowed in outline, cast a shadow.
前缀ad-, 去，往。词根umb, 影子，伞，见umbrella, 伞。指轮廓，概述。
- adumbrate: see umbrage
- adumbrate (v.)
- "to outline, to sketch," 1580s, from Latin adumbratus "sketched, shadowed in outline," past participle of adumbrare "to represent (a thing) in outline" (see adumbration). Meaning "to overshadow" is 1660s. Related: Adumbrated; adumbrating.
- 1. The recent development adumbrate a world - wide revolution in computer technology.
- 2. Via what there is does first time forthcoming month adumbrate?
- 第一次来月经有什么预兆 吗 ?
- 3. What does cancer have to adumbrate?
- 4. Whether does menstruate of the rice before menstruation adumbrate to come smoothly also classics?
- 5. What can there be to adumbrate before occurrence schizophrenia, the depressed disease that how calculates?
- 出现精神分裂症之前会有什么预兆, 怎样算的抑郁症?
[ adumbrate 造句 ]