1540s, from Middle French adoration, from Latin adorationem (nominative adoratio) "worship, adoration," noun of action from past participle stem of adorare; see adore, the original sense of which is preserved in this word.
1. Her heart brimmed over with love and adoration for Charles.
2. She needs and wants to be loved with overwhelming passion and adoration.
3. He had been used to female adoration all his life.
4. He gazed at her with pure adoration.
5. The old lady fell down in adoration before Buddhist images.