英 [ə'dʒʊə; ə'dʒɔː]
- vt. 恳请，恳求；起誓；（以起誓或诅咒等形式）命令
1、ad- "to" + jur- "swear" + -e.
2、字面含义为：bind by oath, confirm by oath, add an oath. 引申为：恳请，恳求，起誓，命令。
前缀ad-, 去，往。词根jur, 法，起誓。原指要求某人以上帝的名义起誓所述为真。
- adjure (v.)
- late 14c., "to bind by oath; to question under oath," from Latin adiurare "confirm by oath, add an oath, to swear to in addition," in Late Latin "to put (someone) to an oath," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + iurare "swear," from ius (genitive iuris) "law" (see jurist). Related: Adjured; adjuring.
- 1. I adjure you to tell the truth before this court.
- 2. I adjure you to spare him.
- 3. I adjure you to speak the truth.
- 4. Which to adjure to help it is good to reply?
- 恳请哪位帮忙回答一下好 么 ?
- 5. I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
[ adjure 造句 ]