1、ad- "to" + jur- "swear" + -ation.
2、字面含义为：bind by oath, confirm by oath, add an oath. 引申为：恳请，恳求，起誓，立誓，严令，命令。
- adjuration (n.)
- late 14c., "exorcism," from Late Latin adjurationem (nominative adjuratio) "a swearing to," noun of action from past participle stem of adjurare (see adjure). Originally a term in exorcism (with conjuration). General sense is from 17c.
- 1. With this hurried adjuration, he cocked his blunderbuss, and stood on the offensive.
- 他仓促地叫了一声, 便扳开几支大口径短抢的机头, 作好防守准备.
来自英汉文学 - 双城记
- 2. Her last adjuration to daughter was to escape from dinginess if she could.
- 3. It was plain enough that Mr. Jarndyce had not been neglectful of the adjuration.
- 4. Adjuration prohibits the false conduct propaganda of afore - mentioned products.
- 5. Whoever is partner with a thief hates his own soul; He hears the adjuration utters nothing.
- 与盗贼均分的,是恨恶自己的性命; 他听见叫人发誓作证的声音,却不言语.
[ adjuration 造句 ]