TEM8 GRE TOEFL
前缀ad, 去，往。-junct同join, 连接。
- adjunct (n.)
- 1580s, from Latin adiunctus "closely connected, joined, united" (as a noun, "a characteristic, essential attribute"), past participle of adiungere "join to" (see adjoin).
- adjunct (adj.)
- 1590s, from Latin adiunctus "closely connected, joined, united," past participle of adiungere "join to" (see adjoin). Adjunct professor is 1826, American English.
- 1. The Party was certainly not an official adjunct of the police department.
- 2. This is an adjunct to the verb.
- 3. This is an adjunct of bodies.
- 4. Physical therapy is an important adjunct to drug treatments.
- 5. Sumres are foreign bodies but a necessary adjunct in surgery.
[ adjunct 造句 ]