前缀ad-, 去，往。词根dieu, 神，见deity, 神祗。即上帝保佑旅途平安。
- late 14c., adewe, from French adieu, from phrase a dieu (vous) commant "I commend (you) to God," from a "to" (see ad) + dieu "God," from Latin deum, accusative of deus "god," from PIE *deiwos (see Zeus). Originally said to the party left; farewell was to the party setting forth.
- 1. "Gentlemen, I bid you adieu."
- 2. I bid you adieu.
- 3. We have just called in to bid you adieu.
- 4. And now, my dear child, adieu for the present.
- 现在, 我亲爱的孩子, 暂时再会了.
- 5. We are gathered here today to bid adieu to Lizzie the lizard.
[ adieu 造句 ]