"one who advocates a doctrine of direct action," 1915; from active + -ist. Originally in reference to political forces in Sweden advocating abandonment of neutrality in World War I and active support for the Central Powers.
1. He's been a trade union activist for many years.
2. ARussian human - rights activist , Lev Ponomaryov, was beaten up in Moscow.
俄罗斯人权活动家波诺玛里约( LevPonomaryov )在莫斯科被遇袭.
3. This is increasingly a focus of activist shareholders, including hedge funds.
4. Chu Tunan is a famous litterateur, educator and social activist.
摘要楚图南是著名的文学家 、 教育家、社会活动家.
5. Look, I don't object to your being an activist.