前缀ac-同ad-, 去，往。词根qui, 安静，见quiet, 安静的。-esce, 起始动词后缀。
- acquiesce (v.)
- 1610s, from Middle French acquiescer (16c.), from Latin acquiescere "to become quiet, remain at rest," thus "be satisfied with," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + quiescere "to become quiet," from quies (genitive quietis) "rest, quiet" (see quiet (n.)). Related: Acquiesced; acquiescing.
- 1. Steve seemed to acquiesce in the decision.
- 2. Her parents will never acquiesce in such an unsuitable marriage.
- 3. Shakespeare did not acquiesce in discrepancy.
- 4. I had to acquiesce in her decision despite my private opinion.
- 5. He is so independent that he will never acquiesce.
[ acquiesce 造句 ]