- vi. 产生；自然增长或利益增加
- vt. 获得；积累
1、from Old French acreue, from Latin accrescere (see accretion).
2、含义：growth, increase, what has grown.
前缀ac-同ad-. 词根cre, 生长，见create,生长，创造。该词多用于经济学，增息。
- accrue (v.)
- mid-15c., from Old French acreue "growth, increase, what has grown," fem. of acreu, past participle of acreistre (Modern French accroître) "to increase," from Latin accrescere (see accretion). Related: Accrued; accruing. Apparently a verb from a French noun because there is no English verb to go with it until much later, unless the record is defective.
- 1. Ability to think will accrue to you from good habits of study.
- 2. Knowledge will accrue to you from reading.
- 3. Officials say the options will offer investors a longer time in which to accrue profits.
- 4. If you do not pay within 28 days, interest will accrue.
- 5. Certain responsibilities accrue to us from our use of public facilities.
[ accrue 造句 ]