CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
1、ac- ( ad- "to" ) + cord- + -ing + -ly.
2、literally "be of one heart, bring heart to heart".
3、=> make agree, reconcile, agree, be in harmony.
- accordingly (adv.)
- mid-14c., "in agreement with," from according + -ly (2). From mid-15c. as "properly; adequately;" meaning "in agreement with logic or expectation" is recorded 1680s.
- 1. We have to discover his plans and act accordingly.
- 2. Watch out for sharp bends and adjust your speed accordingly.
- 3. Please inform us of your decision and we will act accordingly.
- 4. He was told to speak briefly; accordingly he cut short his remarks.
- 人家叫他说话简短, 于是他就长话短说了.
- 5. Children are sensitive to disapproval and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
[ accordingly 造句 ]