CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
前缀ac-同ad-. company,同伴，公司, 来自词根pan,面包，同food. 指一起吃面包的人。比较mate，词源同meat, 一起吃肉的人。
- accompany (v.)
- early 15c., "to be in company with," from Middle French accompagner, from Old French acompaignier (12c.) "take as a companion," from à "to" (see ad-) + compaignier, from compaign (see companion). Related: Accompanied; accompanying.
- 1. This volume of essays was designed to accompany an exhibition in Cologne.
- 2. Barron invited her to accompany him to the races.
- 3. He took time out from campaigning to accompany his mother to dinner.
- 4. I braised some beans to accompany a shoulder of lamb.
- 5. Government moni-tors will continue to accompany reporters.
[ accompany 造句 ]