- vt. 容纳；使适应；供应；调解
- vi. 适应；调解
CET6 TEM4 CET4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
前缀ac-同ad-. 前缀com-,强调。词根mod, 模式，合适。指使客人舒服的，招待好的。
- accommodate (v.)
- 1530s, from Latin accomodatus "suitable," past participle of accomodare "make fit, adapt, fit one thing to another," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + commodare "make fit," from commodus "fit" (see commode). Related: Accommodated; accommodating.
- 1. He has never put an arm around his wife to accommodate photographers.
- 2. Some animal and plant species cannot accommodate to the rapidly changing cond-itions.
- 3. There is usually room to accommodate up to 80 visitors.
- 4. The roads are built to accommodate gradual temperature changes.
- 5. She walked slowly to accommodate herself to his pace.
[ accommodate 造句 ]