1、ac- "to" + cid- "fall" + -ent + -al + -ly.
- accidentally (adv.)
- late 14c., "non-essentially," also "unnaturally," from accidental + -ly (2). Meaning "unintentionally" is recorded from 1580s; phrase accidentally on purpose is recorded from 1862.
- 1. A special locking system means the door cannot be opened accidentally.
- 2. Flavell had accidentally discharged a pistol, firing it into the ceiling.
- 3. She accidentally knocked the tea tin off the shelf.
- 4. It appears the names were accidentally erased from computer disks.
- 5. A policeman accidentally killed his two best friends with a single bullet.
[ accidentally 造句 ]