medieval kingdom in northwestern Spain, said to be from Latin legionis (septimae) "of the Seventh Legion," which was founded in Spain in 65 B.C.E.; the name probably then conformed to Spanish leon "lion." Related: Leonese.
1. The greatest polemicist of the 20th century must be Leon Trotsky.
2. Every Thursday she would meet her lover Leon.
3. The same spokesperson said Dr. Leon also declined to comment.
4. A piece that shows Leon's grief and anger.
5. On April 4, the ACC's executive committee met to consider disciplinary action against Dr. Leon.