- from Arawak haiti "land of mountains," and probably originally the name of the whole island. Related: Haitian.
- 1. The administration has recently become silent about abuses in Haiti.
- 2. She begins speaking in the Creole of Haiti.
- 3. Mr Balaguer is deploying more soldiers along his country's porous border with Haiti.
- 4. The Church in Haiti has played an important role in the drive towards democracy.
- 5. The administration is trying to stem the flood of refugees out of Haiti and into Florida.
[ Haiti 造句 ]