商标名，来自for mica, 即替换云母，因云母是一种相比更昂贵的保温和绝缘材料。
- Formica (1)
- proprietary name (1922) of a product manufactured originally by Formica Insulation Co. of Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. (founded 1913). According to the company, the material (originally marketed as an industrial insulator) was so called because it could be used for mica, i.e., in place of mica, a more expensive natural insulator. Primarily used in consumer goods since c. 1945.
- Formica (2)
- ant genus, 1843, from Latin formica "an ant," dissimilated from PIE *morwi- "ant" (cognates: Sanskrit vamrah "ant," Greek myrmex, Old Church Slavonic mraviji, Old Irish moirb, Old Norse maurr, Welsh myrion; and compare second element in pismire).
- 1. They sat at a Formica table cluttered with dirty tea cups.
- 2. It took post - war prosperity, suburban living and Formica to finish off the kitchen's coming of age.
- 战后繁荣 、 郊区生活和富美家产物(Formica)毁失了厨房巅峰期的到来.
- 3. To determine the main nutritional ingredients of Formica rufa L. in Xinjiang.
- 4. Mr Formica presided over his first set of annual results in February.
- 5. But in spite of a difficult financial environment Formica sees more opportunities than challenges ahead.
[ Formica 造句 ]