masc. proper name, from French Ernest, which is of German origin (compare Old High German Ernust, German Ernst), literally "earnestness" (see earnest). Among the top 50 names for boys born in U.S. from 1880 through 1933.
1. Ernest Brown lives about a dozen blocks from where the riots began.
2. Ernest Defarge, wine - vendor of St. Antoine. "
欧内斯特.德伐日, 圣安托万区酒店主. ”
来自英汉文学 - 双城记
3. We must help Ernest because he is in a jam.
4. Look, Colonel, just getting into seeing Ernest King can take days.
你瞧, 上校, 单是想晋见一下欧斯特?金可能就需要好几天.
5. Look, Colonel, just getting into see Ernest King can take days.