named 1890 when it was an Italian colony, ultimately from Mare Erythreum, Roman name of the Red Sea, from Greek Erythre Thalassa, literally "Red Sea" (which to the Greeks also included the Gulf of Arabia and the Indian Ocean), from erythros "red" (see red (1)).
1. He was sent to Eritrea to reconnoitre the enemy position.
2. Eritrea, with only 5 m people, simply cannot keep up.
3. In 2002 it awarded the disputed village of Badme to Eritrea.
4. Eritrea has heard it before.
5. The IGAD region covers Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia , Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, and Uganda.