masc. proper name, from Old English Ead-wine, literally "prosperity-friend, friend of riches," from ead "wealth, prosperity, joy" (see Edith) + wine "friend, protector" (related to winnan "to strive, struggle, fight;" see win (v.)).
1. Edwin H. Conger was envoy extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary.
2. Edwin is afraid of Angela, but the reverse is also true.
3. Edwin Powell Hubble was born in 1889 in Marshfield , Missouri.
4. Edwin tried to better himself by going to night school.
5. Mary went off with Edwin and got married in a remote village.