- fem. proper name, from Greek, from Hebrew ednah "delight" (see Eden). Related to Arabic ghadan "luxury." Among the top 20 names for girls born in the U.S. every year from 1889 to 1917.
- 1. Barry Humphries's alter ego Dame Edna has taken the US by storm.
- 2. Edna Swinson nudged him into the sitting room.
- 3. Edna Leitch survived a gas blast which brought her home crashing down on top of her.
- 4. Edna said the woman always wore a thick pearl necklace.
- 5. It's not that I didn't like Aunt Edna.
[ Edna 造句 ]