- n. 敦刻尔克（法国北部港市）；敦刻尔克式撤退；困难局面
- city on the northeast coast of France, French dunkerque, literally "dune church," from Middle Dutch dune (see dune) + kerke (see church (n.)); in reference to the 7c. church of St. Eloi.
- 1. The French constructed a series of fortresses from Dunkirk on the Channel coast to Douai.
- 2. She'll go sailing proudly down the years in the epic of Dunkirk.
- 3. Here at Dunkirk is another English epic.
- 4. Dozens of aircraft flares were dropped over Dunkirk by German bombers.
- 5. Lockhart, and was killed at the battle near Dunkirk against the Spaniards.
[ Dunkirk 造句 ]