来自凯尔特语*dru-wid, 识树者，*dru, 树，尤指橡树，词源同tree, *wid, 看，词源同visit。在凯尔特文化里，橡树是一种具有神力的树，因此，识橡树的人也被认为是通神之人。
- druid:  Druid is, not surprisingly, of Celtic origin, although English probably acquired it via French druide or the Latin plural druides. The source of these forms was Gaulish druides, which came ultimately from Old Celtic *derwíjes. There are two opposing theories on the derivation of this: one is that it comes from an Old Celtic adjective derwos ‘true’ (source of Welsh derw ‘true’), in which case its etymological meaning would be ‘someone who says the truth’ (a parallel formation to English soothsayer); the other is that it was formed from the Old Celtic base *dru- ‘tree’ (source of Welsh derwen and Irish daur ‘oak-tree’ and related to Greek drus ‘oak’ and English tree) in reference to the central role played by oak-trees in druidic ceremonies.
- Druid (n.)
- 1560s, from French druide, from Latin druidae (plural), from Gaulish Druides, from Celtic compound *dru-wid-, probably representing Old Celtic *derwos "true"/PIE *dru- "tree" (especially oak; see tree (n.)) + *wid- "to know" (see vision). Hence, literally, perhaps, "they who know the oak" (perhaps in allusion to divination from mistletoe). Anglo-Saxon, too, used identical words to mean "tree" and "truth" (treow).
The English form comes via Latin, not immediately from Celtic. The Old Irish form was drui (dative and accusative druid; plural druad); Modern Irish and Gaelic draoi, genitive druadh "magician, sorcerer." Not to be confused with United Ancient Order of Druids, secret benefit society founded in London 1781.
- 1. Druid Bear Form's armor bonus does not include enchants or temporary buffs.
- 2. And they believe the pre - Christian Druid movement was responsible for the monument.
- 3. Caydiem > Are you aware how a Druid plays in tank form?
- 4. The Druid is not meant to fill the " wipe recovery " requirement.
- 德鲁依不是用来 “ 团扑救护 ” 的.
- 5. Bear Form: Some Druid abilities give your hero bear form.
- 熊形态: 一些德鲁依能力能够让你的英雄进入熊形态.
[ Druid 造句 ]